Are you interested in partnering with Courts for Kids to build a sports court in your community? We are eager to hear your story. We are looking for communities where a need for safe spaces for children to play has been identified from within and there is strong community ownership and involvement. We view our role as providing the extra push to assist the efforts already put forth by the community. Our method is to partner a North American group with the community that has the need for a sports court.
Courts for Kids provides:
- $5,000 to be used for construction materials and/or labor costs (From our experience a typical 28m by 15m court costs between $8-10,000).
- Expertise from completing courts all over the world.
- A team from 12-25 North American volunteers to help assist with the manual labor and prepared to learn about your culture and community.
- Fiber mesh to reinforce concrete as a replacement for wire mesh (click here for more information).
- Sports equipment
Your Community’s responsibilities:
- Download and complete an application (link below).
- Commit to raising money and/or donated materials to help with the remainder of court costs.
- Volunteer labor from the community.
- Ensuring all prep-work is completed prior to the North American volunteer group’s arrival.
- Identify an experienced local contractor to oversee the project, acquire the materials and be accountable to the timeline.
- Coordinate in-country logistics (lodging, travel from airport, food, etc.). The North American volunteers will pay their own expenses and expect to stay within the community in simple accommodations.
- Ensuring the safety of the group.
- Providing opportunities for a rich cultural exchange between the two groups.
If you are planning to submit an application but need more time to complete it, please send an email to email@example.com letting us know your community plans to apply.
Application packet in English
Paquete de aplicación en Español